We’re getting ready to bottle our new Merlot and the pieces are coming together. The corks and foils are on the way. The labels are at the printer and look great. We picked up some bottles the other day from down south. The warehouse in Kent looked ready for the great deluge. There were sandbags piled neatly around the perimeter and we had to climb in the front door of the place. I figured it was preparation for the dam failure, but they seemed to say it was normal flood season prep. We got the bottles home safely. Thanks go to Joel for the generous use of his vehicle.
I was on my own again to wash, rinse and dry the bottles for our first round of bottling. The drying trees nearly stumped me into submission. They are pretty stupid pieces of plastic, but they do their job well when I can figure out how to stack them correctly. The work isn’t bad but I have managed to get completely soaked every time I use the hose lately. It’s all worth it, I guess.