Wow! Wow is all I can really say. This huge event knocked us off our feet, literally.
Last weekend March 5th, 6th, and 7th, WineGirl Wines represented themselves in the Wine Garden of the NW Women’s Show! This event turned the Qwest Field Event Center into a mad house of pink and women’s gear!
Over 28,000 people poured into this event tasting new treats, learning of new objects like the bra barrette, sniffing olfactory pleasures from the House of Matriarch, not to mention free admission to the wine garden where 30 wineries poured their passion in to 3 oz plastic cups. Holy Cow!
2) When I wish I had a camera in my brain: Professional convention go-er/Steam Punk chick had a long chat with me, all the while I tried NOT to stare at her two sets of yellowed vampire fangs, yes on purpose. Crazy!
3) New lessons were learned: Please forgive me, Professor Stearns for not listening in your marketing class during the demographics session. Apparently: “95% women, 25-65+, 85% work outside the home, 90% live within a 50 mile radius of Seattle” does not encompass your typical wine appreciator.
4) New friends were made:
- Christi from House of Matriarch stopped by. What a doll and inspiration! She was reading my tasting notes for My Derby Wife Merlot “…full tannin structure and cherry blossom bouquet… when she almost spits the wine out! What? I ask. She laughs and explains that cherry blossom is not a reproducible scent! How funny, and she would know as a professional nose!
- Kathy Charlton of Olympic Cellars. A true kindred spirit and role model. She was a veteran of the NW Women’s Show and had brought along her fun wines from the Working Girl series.
- And of course, fellow Lake Chelan winery owner of Hard Row to How had to stop by to check out the competition. Don Phelps is such a genuine man. I am so lucky to have his passion for wine in my own backyard. But I couldn’t help but giggle when he told me about the pasties he was going to bring back to his tasting room!
5) Newest Team Wino Member:
6) What almost made me cry: When the Matriarch returned at the end of the LONG event and gave me a sample of her Ultimate Bath pillow. I just wanted to draw the hot water right there and slip right in with the stunning bath pillow caressing my tired skin. Thank you!